Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
How wonderful to have another new board. I was addicted to cigarettes for 40 years, I stopped smoking
One week, six days, 13 hours, 53 minutes and 38 seconds. 814 cigarettes not smoked, saving $126.69. Life saved: 2 days, 19 hours, 50 minutes. NOW, I am addicted to munchies, LOL. As I have said before, I have eaten soooooo many pretzels, my hair looks permed.

I am 53 yrs old, Mother of 3, Grandmother of 7. I raise Redworms for gardening and composting in Ramona California. I have been overweight my whole life, well, maybe I looked OK at 11 or 12. I have been on Weight Watchers, CHG (hormone Shots of pregnant mares urine), Mayo Diet, grapefruit diet, Deal A meal with Richard Simmons,Diet Pills, I guess just about everything. I would lose the weight and then over time gain it back. I want to lose this weight, I would say 50 lbs. and keep it off this time. If I can quit smoking, I'm sure I can lose weight too. I have bought new shoes, but really haven't used them yet. I am just starting to get my breathing back after smoking 3 -3 1/2 packs a day. I am gonna start small and work up. What I have learned over the years of dieting is: You can't lose far if you eat fat and that you must eat 3 meals a day or more.
ifyou don't, your body will hold on to your fat cause it thinks you are trying to stop feeding it. Did that make any sense???? Well, I am happy to be here and looking forward to becoming a healthier person with the rest of you.

WormWoman
Sharon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement