No. of Recommendations: 2
My worst move ever was listening to expert advice!

I was starting to get decent returns and having fun in the market.
Pretty aggressive positions some loses SO I decided to use the services of a fancy private banking stock service.....
Under the expert advice of my "stock expert " and his guided advice I sold positions that were winners because too heavily loaded on...
I had 20% of my 500k $ portfolio in apple at an average cost of 44$. he practically forced me to sell (and I did listen to him) when apple hit 88$. I refuse to calculate what 2100 shares at 500$+ something is today.
I also had 60000 in a small mining company called great panther. He made me liquidate and keep just 10% of that. My 6k in Great panther were sold for 104000 a year later.
I dropped him then and there.

Total losses for following his advice: approx: 1.5 million !!!
So now I listen to fools!
cheers.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement