No. of Recommendations: 1
http://overheating.blogspot.com/search/label/global%20warming

pretty video

The evidence is right there in front of us that the world is changing at a dramatic place. This video is shot in Greenland and actually shows how a chunk of the mainland actually broke off and is now an island... simply amazing footage.

michaelpfool
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am liberal, an architect and a developer. I live in North Central Florida, Gator Land.

I am also 55 and want to both retire over the next 5 to 10 years and want to see to it that this good ol' earth can sustain me and mine.

That is why I am so interested in global warming. I cannot think of an issue more disruptive of retirement plans. Can you?

I attended this guy's lecture on global warming. Good stuff. I came away with the conclusion that I am in about the best place to be climate wise for the next 100 years. North Florida will get rain while much of the mainland USA will dry out. No thanks. As a developer, working toward green, I expect a hell of a lot of moves to North Florida. (South Florida will come this way too, as they will loose coast line and fresh water.)

Take a look at this short article http://www.alligator.org/pt2/070205warming.php

The guy is Stephen Mulkey, PhD, a freind of mine. I believe him and trust his stuff. I was hoping he had his slides on line, but not yet.

michaelpfool

ps, good idea for this board. good job.
No. of Recommendations: 0
That is why I am so interested in global warming. I cannot think of an issue more disruptive of retirement plans. Can you?

Oooh ooh! Global AIDS pandemic? IslamoChristoFascist takeover of the world?

I love a good disaster scenario.

No. of Recommendations: 2

Oh, and just for SP...Female President!

I had a subscription to a great trend timing service. The guy just nailed the turns over and over. A couple of years ago he somehow became convinced that the bird flu was the next coming of the bubonic plague. The guy seriously flipped out and became so conservative he was nothing but a contrary indicator. He lost all his confidence and would only follow established trends, usually after they had played out. It was kind of a slow-motion train wreck which would have been cool if my money hadn't been involved.

Oh, and just for SP...Female President!

Hillary!

AM
<<Oh, and just for SP...Female President!

Hillary!

AM

>>

Better than Kerry, Gore or Edwards. God protect us from St Albert of Global Warming, annointed by the Nobel Peace Prize Committee.

Is Joe going to make another run?

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 3

Oh, and just for **...Female President!

Hillary!

some (not all) of why i like Hillary is just thought of so many people wetting themselves and going into seizures.

=
some (not all) of why i like Hillary is just thought of so many people wetting themselves and going into seizures.

That's why I'm for Obama.

i think the people that annoy me will be even more upset by "President Hillary" than "President Barack"

-
...... she's not just a woman, she's a Clinton!

Oh, Lisa! haven't you heard? The Washington Times says he is a terrorist.

cliff
{{some (not all) of why i like Hillary is just thought of so many people wetting themselves and going into seizures.}}

Which is also one of the few redeeming qualities of Bush.

c
Oh, Lisa! haven't you heard? The Washington Times says he is a terrorist.

Who better to protect us from other terrorists?

Advertisement