UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CelloSpice Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740892  
Subject: Re: Achoo! Date: 1/6/2013 11:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Would you mind expanding a little on what you are saying here?

CC says Nyquil is different, but all of the other combination cough formulas I have ever looked at contained insufficient quantities of dextromethorphan to have any effect whatsoever on a cough. It makes zero sence to me, but that's the way they formulate those things. However, if you buy dextromethorphan alone, you can get the property dosage. For adults, that is at least 30 ml. Formulas containing less than 30 ml of dex should contain zero, because it would have the same effect. Why take something that isn't going to help you?

That stuff is nasty tasting, which may be why arrete barfs (or maybe it just doesn't agree with her). I know of few things that taste as disgusting as dex. My advice, if you need to suppress a cough, get the gel caps.

I'm going to take credit for the gel caps. Many years ago, I called the makers of Robitussin, and I told them that dextromethorphan tastes disgusting, and the customer service representative agreed with me. Then I said that Robitussin should make it in a gel cap, and could she please pass that on to marketing? She promised to do so, and a few years later, gel caps appeared--Robitussin made them first! I'm sure it was my suggestion that did it. ;)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Burger King's Play Not For Taxes?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement