No. of Recommendations: 0
Would you rather have a 100% chance of paying me $900 or a 1% chance of paying me $1900... and a 99% chance of paying me $0.

I thought you left off part of this :-)

Another item that might apply:

-Do you have a HELOC ready to be used? Like you said, $6000 earning 3% for 30 years so you don't have to pay 6% on a HELOC for a year or $6000 earning 10% and paying 6% on a HELOC for a year.

-murray
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement