Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Wow, I probably should be green with envy, but I’m not THAT guy. You are acutely aware of the years of wandering through the wilderness while AAPL essentially did nothing.

I’m with you on not liquidating. I have yet to see anyone make a truly rational case that selling AAPL and buying other stocks will improve performance in the long term. That’s just hogwash (I use that word as TMF frowns on the word I’d really like to use).

It’s not a case of being so blindly in love with AAPL that all rationality is gone. AAPL is a damned good business. Going forward, it looks to continue to be a damned good business. If that ever changes, then’s the time to consider selling. For long term holders like you and me, selling would be an act of lunacy under current circumstances.

Here’s a link to a video where Charlie Munger (Warren Buffett’s partner) expounds on the focused portfolio.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PaNdbrgLleU

Incidentally, Berkshire—Hathaway is AAPL’s 5th largest shareholder. You can be sure Berkshire’s cost basis is a hell of a lot higher than ours. We beat Buffett to the punch by a wide margin.

https://investorplace.com/2017/11/buffet-buying-apple-stock-...

Churchy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement