Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: csufstudent One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 361  
Subject: Re: Any Fools long on this stock?? Date: 5/15/2001 8:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Wow, I was pleased with all of the responses from all of you! I have a feeling that most of us periodically check to see what's going on with this board yet don't post much. ..Glad to see that others are interested.

It's interesting to think of how many appliances and personal electronics items that we use every day that contain the capacitors that Kemet provides.

In addition to a compelling valuation, I have spoken with individuals who are personally familiar with the company. These individuals praise the company's management team. Also, operations fundamentals appear to be exceptional, which is supported by the excerpt that I have pasted below. This article was taken from Kemet's website.

Only 11 more days until graduation. The work-load is excruciating!. but well worth it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Thanks again for your responses.
------------------------------------------------------------------

GREENVILLE, SC (April 18, 2001) - KEMET Corporation (NYSE: KEM) has been awarded the prestigious Intel Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) Award for 2000. KEMET was one of only 25 Intel suppliers selected for the award, which recognizes the company for overall quality, including 100% quality products and packaging, perfect on-time delivery, new technology, and excellent supplier support. The PQS awards are part of Intel's Preferred Quality Suppliers Improvement process that encourages suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must score highly on a quality systems assessment and a supplier report card, as well as meet challenging performance expectations against a rigorous improvement plan.

"KEMET is delighted and honored to receive this prestigious award from an industry leader such as Intel," said Charles M. Culbertson II, KEMET's President and Chief Operating Officer. "The long-term partnerships we earn with our customers are essential to the continued growth and success of our company. Awards such as this demonstrate our successful efforts in being recognized around the world as the unquestioned Best-in-Class supplier for tantalum and ceramic capacitors."

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement