Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2373  
Subject: Re: Future RVer Date: 12/29/2000 2:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wow, that's interesting. I never thought a pop-up could include those luxuries.

It's funny... Three months ago, I was convinced that a Class A was the only way to go for me. Then I learned Class C's were generally safer to drive and were a little more space efficient than Class A's.

Now, I learn that a pop-up is also a real possibility!

The pop ups with all the luxuries cost can cost a lot of money, but cheaper than a motorhome.

From what I remember you were looking for something to full time in. Now we loved our tent-trailer but I don't think I would want to full-time in it. For one thing you wouldn't want to leave valuables in it like a TV or computer. They are extremely easy to break into.

I would be interested in the reasons why a class C would be safer to drive. What I love about our Class A is you can see so much more when you sit up high and your views are not blocked by the cab over bed. We rented a class C for a week once so I've experienced both.

As far as more room it depends on the model and what you need or want. The Class C can sleep more people in a smaller space. If you don't need to sleep the people then the Class A is going to feel more roomy because it's more open. Of course you could probably get a shorter Class C with the only bed being the one over the cab, if you don't mind climbing up and down and not having a lot of head room while you sleep.

Your best bet is to go to an RV show and see what is out there. The show's are the best because all the dealers bring all kinds of RV's to one location. Then you can experience each one and see how they feel. We go every year just to see what's new. It's a lot of fun. We have a big one in January in our area.

Utahtea
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement