UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DaGecko Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 847  
Subject: Re: China Stocks GSI, CMFO, YONG, SOL Date: 1/19/2010 7:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Wow - where are our manners? First off let me say welcome to GG's. Kind of got a "baptism by fire" response to your first post. Hopefully you are a little bit thick skinned and will venture to post again.

Let me first start by saying I think Tim was trying to be helpful and not nasty when he wrote:

You can't find our current guidance (hold) on the scorecard here: http://newsletters.fool.com/25/scorecard/index.aspx

I think he meant to say "You can find..." and not "You can't find..." The former would be helpful, the second would make it sound like, "Duh, are you so blind and or dumb that you can't see our current thinking." Having read many of Tim's posts I would give him the benefit of the doubt and go with it being a typo.

Starrob is on a bit of a crusade. TMF Eat'nbybears (sp?) is the designated bear and I believe he is helping out with some sage advice as we are getting many people who seem to be toward leaning to 100% small cap Chinese stocks is the best way to live. Personally I think it might be if you are going to die real soon.

As mentioned I think Tim gave you a pretty good place to go seek the answers to the questions you are asking. I see that you joined in Dec and so it may seem from your vantage points that things have stalled out on CMFO and YONG. Perhaps also for the other two. I own them myself as well as a small taste of GSI which as has been cautioned by the advisors et al is very speculative and will take awhile to play out. Starrob will be happy to know that my position size is such that if it were to go under I would not notice it. True it will never make me a rich man but I do not expect that of any one of my holdings. CMFO and YONG may have both outrun themselves on price. I like them both still and am patient for things to catch up. As a matter of fact I would feel better is they did stall awhile. I would feel they were more real and not just hyped bubbles. So as long as their prospects improve, their price can go a little south and I will not mind. I too was with Starrob on the wild ride of CMFO. Fortunately it got past its plunge or at least past the last one.

As for SOL are you talking about the solar wafer company? If so it is not a GG pick and you would have better luck on the Stocks that Interest you board but you would even have more luck on that board if you shared your opinion and why rather than adding it to a laundry list of stocks with no input on your part.

As mentioned hopefully your first post responses doesn't scare you away. The boards can be a bit hostile at times but to me that is what makes them fun. But we have to remember from time to time that not everyone has been on them as Charter members.

Dave
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement