No. of Recommendations: 0
Wow, where did this come from? First, there is a discussion board dedicated just to Texas Fools where you may want to ask your question:

Now, realize I am not an expert on Texas, marriage or the law. But a quick Google search reveals that Texas recognizes common law marriage, also called "informal marriage" or "marriage without formalities." There is a procedure under Texas law where two people (man and woman since Texas does not recognize same-sex marriage) in an informal marriage can file a document with the County Clerk called a Declaration of Informal Marriage. Assuming all of the requirements are met, and the declaration is properly filed, the marriage becomes official and is backdated to the date the parties claim that their informal marriage began.

Who wonders if this is what you are thinking of...
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.