No. of Recommendations: 28
There wasn't much positive to write about Obama.....

Some say he did worse than Jimmy Carter.......who did absolutely miserable.

Without TOTUS, Obama was clueless, lost, and bored......he wasn't connected and his campaign one liners didn't work, and without a cheering audience...he was totally out of it!...

Hope enough voters finally realized he's totally out of his league which is why the country is in such bad shape.

What a disaster for Obama

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Without TOTUS, Obama was clueless, lost, and bored......he wasn't connected and his campaign one liners didn't work, and without a cheering audience...he was totally out of it!...

Let's just hope this isn't Obama's rope-a-dope like Ali.
Wow...press not happy with Obama

I will remind you of this thread next time you guys start whining about the liberal drive-by media.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Beridian, the OP isn't talking about the pundits. We all know the pundits--on both sides--are biased.

It's a fact that the media doesn't report half what they should be reporting about Obama. In this case, however, it's not possible to bury what was witnessed by 40 million people on live television.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hope enough voters finally realized he's totally out of his league which is why the country is in such bad shape.

The country is in great shape compared to 2008. Only an idiot claims otherwise.
No. of Recommendations: 2
it was the visuals that did Obama in.

He could 'talk' all he wanted but his expressions said it all.

Bored, indifferent, 'not present'...this is 'below me'...can't be bothered......

he looked stunned at times.....

when he can't look you in the eye...you know he is a devious sneaky character...

t.
FeedMeCrap wrote: The country is in great shape compared to 2008.

* sigh *

I think you need re-education in some camp or something.

You would have a point... if it wasn't for 2006 and 2004 and 2002 and 2000 and 1998 and 1996. See, it's easy to say "we're better off than the moment of the worst economic collapse of our lifetimes!" but, unfortunately for 0bama, people can remember plenty of other times when we didn't have chronic 8% unemployment and GDP growth below 1.5% and trending down, down, down, nor 42 million on food stamps and tens of millions not even counted in the official unemployment numbers because they have stopped looking for work.

Not to mention that 0bama isn't running against Bush. Well, he is, but that's all he's got and Romney isn't Bush so if that's the best he has then stick a fork in him cuz he's done.

Not to mention that this recovery has sucked balls compared to every other recovery. Again your statement only works if no time before 2008 ever existed. Unless 0bama has some magic mind-erasing wand (ala Men in Black) that wipes out everything prior to 2008 I don't think that's a winning strategy. It doesn't appear he is too excited about it either given his dismal performance last night.

* sigh *

I guess we know where you stand.
your statement only works if no time before 2008 ever existed.

Prior to 2008 is irrelevant where Obama is concerned.

2008 is the measuring stick, and we're way ahead of where we were then.
Prior to 2008 is irrelevant where Obama is concerned.

Uh, no. While 2008 was bad the fact remains that since 2008 we've had over 40 months of 8% unemployment, which wouldn't be a problem if people couldn't remember decades of 3% unemployment prior to that point. If the Dems goal is to make people forget anything before 2008 happened then this is going to be far easier than I thought!

People aren't going to accept 8% unemployment as the "new normal", period.

Uh, no.

Uh, yes. There is no question that were are in better shape.

First you agreed that we are, but it doesn't matter. Now you just said we're not. So on you're next post you're going to change your mind again? Learning from Romney, are we?
No. of Recommendations: 21
The country is in great shape compared to 2008. - FMNH

------------

That's a lie!
we're way ahead of where we were then. - FMCH

------------------

That's a lie!*

*unless you are talking about the national debt.
The country is in great shape compared to 2008. Only an idiot claims otherwise. - FMNH

------------

bighairymike: I must be an idiot, then!

I can't argue with that.
The press is PO at Obummer because they wanted him to kick Romney's ass, and he failed to do so.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The press is PO at Obummer because they wanted him to kick Romney's ass, and he failed to do so.

He couldn't find it. He could barely find his own.
2008 is the measuring stick, and we're way ahead of where we were then.\

Frankly, this mindset is just asinine.

Economies grow. There were problems in 08 that stunted things badly, everyone knows what those problems were.

Those problems are still lingering to a small degree.

But that is not the actual issue. The issue is did the economy grow as well as it should have. Anyone would have sat over a recovering ecomoy to some degree. The banking crisis would be overcome, and we would put recession into the rear view mirror.

These things happen, they have happened under EVERY person in office that had a period after a bad problem. SO do not be moronic.

The question is did Obama help or hinder the natural process of recovery. It was slower than anyone would really expect, at a time when the US still maintained an advantage over Europe as they were more screwed up

The idea that things got better, so Obama is good, is too friggin absurd for even the least mentally facile to embrace honestly. OF COURSE THINGS GOT BETTER. Was the natural improvement that only an absolute moron could stop faster or slower than it should have been

That is a long conversation. If the poster is interested, I suggest you read the last 14-18 months of MadCap's stuff. He has covered it better than anyone else I can think of.

On the other hand, if you need better strawmen and want false stuff to support your argument, I do want to help, I suggest you read some GoofyHoofy, impressive stuff if you like strawmen, appeals to authority and many other false forms of argumentation, but he/she does offer more than the silly things got better so Obama must be good meme
we're way ahead of where we were then. - FMCH

------------------

That's a lie!*

*unless you are talking about the national debt.

Unemployment is down, and growth rate of the debt is down. Pretty much every category is better in 2012 than in 2008.

You've got nothing.
FeedMeCrap wrote: The country is in great shape compared to 2008.

* sigh *

Maybe you could refute me with a statistic. Otherwise, admit you've been lying.
The idea that things got better, so Obama is good, is too friggin absurd for even the least mentally facile to embrace honestly. OF COURSE THINGS GOT BETTER.

Others on this thread are claiming that things are worse.

Which of you is lying?
FeedMeCrap wrote: Maybe you could refute me with a statistic.

You go first.
Pretty much every category is better in 2012 than in 2008. - FMCH

---------------

That's a lie!
Maybe you could refute me with a statistic.

You go first.

Where to start?

Bin Laden dead. Dozens of other AQ leaders dead. Stock market at record high. Corporate profits at record high. Taxes at record low. Unemployment lowest since Bush. Job creation up, as opposed to down under Bush. Foreclosures down compared to Bush. Bank failures down compared to Bush. Recession over. And on and on.
Pretty much every category is better in 2012 than in 2008. - FMCH

---------------

That's a lie!

Saying that doesn't make it true. I just proved you wrong. Again.
That's a lie!

When you get your puke green star are you gonna give FMNH an assist?
You lie!
Bin Laden dead. Dozens of other AQ leaders dead. Stock market at record high. Corporate profits at record high. Taxes at record low. Unemployment lowest since Bush. Job creation up, as opposed to down under Bush. Foreclosures down compared to Bush. Bank failures down compared to Bush. Recession over. And on and on. - FMCH

----------------

16 Trillion!
That's a lie!

When you get your puke green star are you gonna give FMNH an assist? - wolverine

--------------

Heh... I imagine he will be around to declare, "You didn't build that"
Wow, I've been slacking. Wolverine you're like 7000 posts ahead of me in this race to 20,000. I don't even think I've broken 12,000 posts yet.

I feel like Ohio State up against Michigan :)
FMCH: Bin Laden dead. Dozens of other AQ leaders dead. Stock market at record high. Corporate profits at record high. Taxes at record low. Unemployment lowest since Bush. Job creation up, as opposed to down under Bush. Foreclosures down compared to Bush. Bank failures down compared to Bush. Recession over. And on and on. - FMCH

----------------

BHM: 16 Trillion!

FMCH:

Oh yeah, I could have done all of the things Obama did plus kept the deficit under 0.5 Trillion / year, pocketed 0.5 Trillion for myself, AND let the tax payers keep the rest.

Net savings $2 Trillion plus everyone in the country could have a wine or beer of their choice and a pound of bacon.
Wolverine you're like 7000 posts ahead of me in this race to 20,000. I don't even think I've broken 12,000 posts yet.

I can smell that puke green star from here.
Wolverine you're like 7000 posts ahead of me in this race to 20,000. I don't even think I've broken 12,000 posts yet.

I can smell that puke green star from here.
---------------------------------------
Friggin' lightweights, i'm closing in on 50,000 and i'm not even trying that hard. Hunzi is designing the special token for 50,000 posts as we speak.
Friggin' lightweights, i'm closing in on 50,000 and i'm not even trying that hard.

You are the Gold Standard of TMFdom.
After this post, I'll only be 1058 posts away from joining the demi-gods of TMF.
After this post, I'll only be 1058 posts away from joining the demi-gods of TMF.
--------------------------------------------------
I'd rather join Demi-Moore.

Better the demi-gods than the demi-johns.

----------------------------------------
Not if they're filled with wine ;0).
16 Trillion!

Deficits don't matter. Reagan and Cheney said so.
No. of Recommendations: 8

Obama has done a great job of lowering unemployment by moving people to disability or convincing them to stop looking for work.
I'd rather join Demi-Moore.

I'm not so sure about that any more.

I saw an interview with her after her break up with Ashton Kutcher and she's damaged goods now. The investment in her mental health just isn't worth the pay-back.

Didn't they used to store and transport wine in demi-johns? If so, I think I'd prefer the demi-johns.
16 Trillion!

Deficits don't matter. Reagan and Cheney said so. - FMCH

-----------------

Sayin' it don't make it so.
I feel like Ohio State up against Michigan :)

Hoo-boy, we win one from OSU every 12 years or so. Now that you have Urban Meyer we'll be lucky to win another one before he retires.
Hoo-boy, we win one from OSU every 12 years or so. Now that you have Urban Meyer we'll be lucky to win another one before he retires.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I heard he has a brother Rural that is thinking about getting into coaching too. His older brother Oscar never made it, ended up going into the food industry.
I heard he has a brother Rural that is thinking about getting into coaching too. His older brother Oscar never made it, ended up going into the food industry. - 2828

-------------

The Meyers were an interesting family. He had an uncle, Russ, who made these terrible movies in the 70's with big breasted women. He was obsessed with breasts. That's hard to say.
No. of Recommendations: 6

Are you kidding me?

Obama's record on the safety of Americans alone should stop him from ever being able to run for any office again.

You have heard about how he has gutted and minimized regulation?

Well look at the effect!!!!!!!!!!

There has been a literal explosion of Americans on disability. IT could not be more obvious that Obama and his unwillngness to expand government through regulation has created a situation where we have a crisis in Americans being disabled!!!

Are you kidding me?

Obama's record on the safety of Americans alone should stop him from ever being able to run for any office again.

You have heard about how he has gutted and minimized regulation?

Well look at the effect!!!!!!!!!!

There has been a literal explosion of Americans on disability. IT could not be more obvious that Obama and his unwillngness to expand government through regulation has created a situation where we have a crisis in Americans being disabled!!!
--------------------------------
I guess him saying anyone that disagrees is an idiot didn't shame you and vkg into not responding <g>.

-----------------

I am guessing that Obama and his penchant for preparation have lead him to believe as this troll does.

Yes if you are too lazy or too stupid to realize that the context at that time was that deficits do not matter as long as you are using the money to expand the economy so that the actual percent of the deficit is getting smaller even if the amount was slightly larger then Obama and his ideas can make sense in a Cheney comparison.
I heard he has a brother Rural that is thiing about getting into coaching too. His older brother Oscar never made it, ended up going into the food industry.

Wasn't his wife appointed to the Supreme Court I think her maiden name was Sota

Not the years I attended. We went to 2 Rose Bowls and lost to Michigan in both of those seasons.

IIRC it was the Earl Bruce and early ?? Cooper days.
I heard he has a brother Rural that is thinking about getting into coaching too. His older brother Oscar never made it, ended up going into the food industry.

I suppose his kid is named "Suburban."
The Meyers were an interesting family. He had an uncle, Russ, who made these terrible movies

I thought that was Michael.

I think you meant to write "demimonde," didn't you?

--fleg

I think you meant to write "demimonde," didn't you?

--fleg
__________________________________-

All I know is I have been flipping through the channel guide on my TV looking for a station running StripTease -- Demi at her ber best IMO

But in deference to the thread, if I find it I plan to have some demitasse
Hunzi is designing the special token for 50,000 posts as we speak.

It looks like an apple. ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi
reads a zillion posts a day, but only has a red star.
I see most folks on here are sleeping in this morning.....slackers!

You should know that this morning at 8 am I was running a 5k. I completed 5.4 miles of the 3.1 course.

I did this by completing it and then turning around and running the course backwards to find family also running the race so I could finish with them.

:P
-----------------

You are correct, lady. 10 beautiful hours. I do that every now and then. And I need it because MIL is coming to dinner. I don't begrudge her the better food, but it is quite stressful, especially for DH. Life is like that.

arrete
You should know that this morning at 8 am I was running a 5k. I completed 5.4 miles of the 3.1 course.

I did this by completing it and then turning around and running the course backwards to find family also running the race so I could finish with them.
------------------

You're saying you lapped epona. Meanie. <g>

arrete
You're saying you lapped epona. Meanie. <g>

Not exactly but kinda' yes.

Epona hurt her foot in the 1/2 marathon we did. She's still healing so she walked this race.

Meanwhile, I'm in training for my very first Marathon (on 11/3). I still need to get 2 20+ runs in before that race. Running an extra 2 miles today is not tough or even showing off at this point. In fact I worked VERY hard on running *slowly*. My goal was to run slower than 33 minutes and I failed (32.5 min). This race was practice for me to keep to my marathon pace despite all of the excitement of being in a race.

The one bad thing is I tweaked my back while preparing for the race. I still ran the race but am not sure whether I can run tomorrow!
"I see most folks on here are sleeping in this morning.....slackers!" - luckydog

I get up around 8:15 am to 8:30 am. I go to sleep around midnight so I figure that's around ~ 8 hours sleep. About right? When I woke up this morning Bonnie was all ready out yard saling with her sister. Her sister is visiting MIL from Dallas.

This morning first thing I did was empty the dishwasher and put up the clean dishes. I loaded up the dishwasher last night before going to bed, cleaned the counters and swept the kitchen floor. Then I spent some time doing my morning constitutional, and then started moving the houseplants, orchids, Jade plant, some chives, some airplane plants, etc. indoors since it's going to be cool this week and supposed to get down in the mid 30's.

I had to clean off the windowsill where we normally put the plants because my wife had all ready cluttered it up. I love my wife but she is disorganized and if she sees an empty space it is an invitation to her to start filling it up with stuff. I also cleaned the plastic trays I keep the plants on because they were dirty.

Then I made some breakfast which was a bowl of faux Pho I made with broth, green onion, carrot, endive, Poblano pepper, one small Cholula pepper, and two packs of beef Ramen noodle. It was delicious by the way. Noodles make a delicious breakfast.

Art
You should know that this morning at 8 am I was running a 5k.

And at 8 am your time, I was dreaming that I was running.

--fleg
16 Trillion!

-----------------

You didn't care about deficits for 30 years. Why should anyone believe you now?
No. of Recommendations: 15
FeedMeCrap wrote: You didn't care about deficits for 30 years. Why should anyone believe you now?

Just proves that EVERYONE should have been concerned about deficits since FDRs "New Deal!"

How utterly stupid it was for the United States of America to embark on programs that, in retrospect, could not possibly survive for as long as we wish to remain a republic.

RIP United States. Cause of demise: bleeding heart libruls. They'll kill a country every time.
"The country is in great shape compared to 2008. Only an idiot claims otherwise. "

Yes, Obama has doubled the number of people on food stamps in just 4 years...and

run up the number of people on disability by 5 million.

Real progress toward a sustainable America. We're broke, giving away 100s of billions now in foodstamps and disability, SS disability will be broke in 3 years......

but he doesn't care. He's the money fairy showering everyone with free phones, food stamps, and other income....oh, and free cellphones, too!

He's trickled down poverty quite well.

t.
RIP United States. Cause of demise: bleeding heart libruls.

Wrong again, as usual. The GOP is responsible for the vast majority.
You didn't care about deficits for 30 years - FMCH

-------------------

That's a lie!
That's a lie

You'll achieved puke green stardom on this phrase alone.
You didn't care about deficits for 30 years - FMCH

-------------------

That's a lie!
===============

Going for a blue squid, BHM? <g> Let's hope this one hits the Best of like your other "That's a lie".

I invoke the "tmeri rule". Everyone rec BHM everytime he makes a "you lie" post (has to be to FMNH). He'll have his blue squid in no time.

arrete
Everyone rec BHM everytime he makes a "you lie" post (has to be to FMNH).

I second that.
That's a lie

You'll achieved puke green stardom on this phrase alone. - wolverine

---------------

Every PGS stalker needs a target rich environment. With 2828, it was picking on France...
FMNH claims: Unemployment lowest since Bush. Job creation up, as opposed to down under Bush

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087239639044422310457803...

The jobless rate fell in September to 7.8% from 8.1%, though the economy created only 114,000 new jobs, and some of our conservative friends smell a bureaucratic rat so close to Election Day. We doubt the Labor gnomes are manipulating the numbers, and in any case chasing conspiracies detracts from the real news, which is that the job market still stinks.

Democrats are celebrating the decline in the jobless rate, which only shows how their standards have changed since President Obama entered the White House. In 2004, they were lambasting George W. Bush for a September jobless rate that was 5.4%. Only last month they were begging the Federal Reserve to print more money indefinitely because the job market was so weak. Now [FeedMeNowHuman says] happy days are almost here again.

The reality is that more than three years into this weakest of economic recoveries, 12.1 million Americans are still out of work—nearly 23 million by the broader definition that includes those who have stopped looking or can't find full time work—and the labor participation rate is still down to 1981 levels at 63.6%. Hooray!

Of the 114,000 new jobs, 104,000 were in the private economy, and all of the 86,000 in upward revisions for July and August came in government jobs. Job growth for 2012 has averaged 146,000 a month, which is down from 153,000 in 2011.

Manufacturing employment fell again (down 38,000 in the last two months) further dampening one of the few bright spots in this recovery. A still abysmal 40.1% of the unemployed in America have been jobless for six months or more. Such a job market is anemic by any historic measure for this stage in an expansion and reflects continuing slow GDP growth in the 1%-2% range.

The number that has our friends suspicious is the giant 873,000 leap in employment as measured by the "household survey." That's the biggest one-month increase in nearly 30 years, which certainly does deserve an explanation.

_____

AND! We're now SIXTEEN TRILLION IN DEBT! Oh happy days!
Advertisement