No. of Recommendations: 0

thanks for your reply. i greatly appreciate it.

i understand your position in regard to the contributions made from "1995 on". however, do you think that i would need to pay taxes essentially twice on the contributions made prior to 1995 in this conversion process?

i can't imagine that the irs would require you to pay taxes on previous "nondeductible" contributions just because you did not take a dedcution when you could have (as long as an effort was made to reflect said contributions on form 8606). but, i could be wrong.
again, we are talking less than $3,000 in contributions over the years.

once again, thank you for your help.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.