UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37112  
Subject: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/28/2013 1:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Now that we are pretty much as ready as we can be for the baby's arrival, I've been working on getting some minor projects completed around the house.

This weekend my husband and I (mostly my husband) worked on several items. I had him hang up a curtain track in my office, put the registration sticker on my car, put new wiper blades on my car, and fix whatever was going on with the hvac system.

I also went through the 8 bins of clothing in size 3T that I have for my daughter, and kept about 30 outfits in both cool and warm weather outfits, and cleaned out five large garbage bags worth of clothes that we just don't need.

I also made progress on cleaning off my desk and the dining room table as well as doing some catch-up work on couponing, which I've been very remiss about the last few months. I even pulled all my tax records for last year and put them all together in two large envelopes. I didn't do anything else with the tax docs, but it is a start.

Over the next few days or weeks, depending on how much time I have before this baby comes, I'll finish what I've started in all these areas, or at least get as far as I can with them.

And I still need to put away all the Christmas decorations. I took them down weeks ago, but they are still sitting in the living room to be put away.

Cassandra
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pachouly Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36114 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/28/2013 12:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Nice!

What I want to know is -- how did you get all that done with the 2 kids you already have? We can't get anything done!!

pachouly

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36125 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/28/2013 6:53 PM
Recommendations: 4
Thanks, pachouly!

Some of it was just that the stars aligned on the right weekend when we were motivated and had the energy to do it, with no other plans in the way.

And we made the most of nap time and the TV this weekend, too. My hubby and 4 1/2 year old son and I installed the curtain track while my almost three year old daughter slept. So basically I entertained Nate and we handed Daddy stuff as he needed it. :) and I pulled together all the tax stuff while we were in my office installing the track- pulled it out of drawer and off the desk, and shoved it all into the big envelopes. Easy.

I also did most of the clothes sorting after the kids went to sleep or while Gordon entertained the kids downstairs.

Today I accomplished a fun task that I've been meaning to do for some time- I glitterized my Starbucks cup. It's a double-walled construction cup and it unscrews at the top, so it took about 90 seconds to unscrew it, spray glue in it, dump in the glitter, close it, and shake it. Now it just needs to dry well. I've been wanting to do it for months, and finally pulled out all the supplies to do it. And I love the results! It's purply-blue and sparkly! :) And one more thing crossed off my list.

I also have more boy clothes to sort through- one of my friends has a HUGE 4 month old boy (20 lbs. and 27" tall already!), and she gave me all the 6-12 month clothes back that I had lent her. So I need to put it all away and give her the 18 mo. size clothes that I have.

I'm hoping to get the Christmas decorations away today, but even if I don't, I'm really happy with my Starbucks cup.

Cassandra

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36130 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/29/2013 7:48 PM
Recommendations: 3
Today I've gotten nothing done that I had hoped to do. I'm wiped out because Lily woke me up at 4:30 when Gordon brought her into bed with us (a first for the middle of the night), so I didn't sleep well after that. Add to that a great deal of pain from the pelvic separation, and I'm doing nothing but laying down and surfing the web.

But after three days off productivity, I'll take a day of resting. Even two, if it means I can be productive again later this week or this weekend.

Cassandra

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36131 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/29/2013 7:58 PM
Recommendations: 3
Add to that a great deal of pain from the pelvic separation....if it means I can be productive again later this week or this weekend.

Give yourself a break, woman! You're producing a baby. That's plenty!

MOI

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36132 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/30/2013 1:06 AM
Recommendations: 2
MOI,

I am giving myself a break. :)

I also know that some of these minor projects have been sitting around for anywhere from a few weeks to over two years, and that if I don't get them done now, I may never get them done!

And you would not believe the list of things that I've eliminated from my to-do list that will just never happen for whatever reason.

That said, I did get one tiny task accomplished today. I cleaned off the dresser in our room. I just put the stuff on the desk in my office, but I did clean off the dresser. :)

And now I'm going to bed.

Cassandra

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36133 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/30/2013 1:14 PM
Recommendations: 0
That said, I did get one tiny task accomplished today. I cleaned off the dresser in our room. I just put the stuff on the desk in my office, but I did clean off the dresser. :)

And now I'm going to bed.

Well done, you. On both counts.

Hang in there, sweetie.

MOI

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36134 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/30/2013 3:46 PM
Recommendations: 1
Well done, you. On both counts.

Hang in there, sweetie.

MOI

Thanks. I don't think I'll be getting much done today since I'm having contractions whenever I stand up. The kids are home from school today (normal), so I have enough to do to keep them fed and clean without adding to my tasks today. Of course, if there is something I can do while sitting in my recliner, I may just do it, but I'm not going to push myself.

Cassandra

Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36135 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/30/2013 4:51 PM
Recommendations: 1
Cool birthdate tomorrow:

1-31-13

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36136 of 37112
Subject: Re: Wrapping up unfinished business Date: 1/30/2013 4:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
Nice 'loons.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement