Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63808  
Subject: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/1/2012 10:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Since it is getting colder outside and the weather predictions are for colder than the previous winter I am reminded of downhill sledding as a child.

Here is what the hill might have looked like. LOL..

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/markets/stocks...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63081 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/1/2012 10:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sliding to a stop at the bottom. At least this route has no tree at the base. LOL.

HOHOHO!!

PS. I do not own it.

Author: tyska Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63083 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/2/2012 11:07 AM
But it is up a 100% on the day. If I'm remembering correctly Tim had mentioned this one once. I think it was throwing off bucket loads of options to its founder. Guess one would need a bucket full at .005 a share.

Dan

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63084 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/2/2012 11:17 AM
Tim once owned it, haven't for years, this sort of stupid thread is why this board is dying.

PLOINK!

Tim

Author: 1971simon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63085 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/2/2012 12:35 PM
Recommendations: 2
...this sort of stupid thread is why this board is dying.

Dammit Tim, I'm a buy-and-holder not a promoter!

Okay, that sounded more like Dr. Leonard McCoy in my head than it does written down. Couple that with the fact I still don't see much worth investing in and you get less writing. Banks and insurance are already over 30% of my portfolio and I don't really want to add to them. Mining / O&G is another 30%, I have 10% in the odd thing and I'm sitting 20-30% cash.

I looked down south at buying INTEL as they are blue chip and paying over a 4% dividend. Everyone was writing about what a great investment they are. The problem is they don't make chips for Apple or Samsung (Samsung does for both) and they don't make chips for the Xbox, Wii or Playstation. That ONLY leaves the PC/Server market. While that market is big it is not enough to continue to drive the company IMO. There is a reason the stock price is down.

I am looking to figure out how to buy Samsung. I think the whole conglomerate would be worth a purchase but I'm not sure that's even possible. To make matters more difficult none of it trades in North America.

Simon

Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63086 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/2/2012 6:11 PM
I am reading that Intel has not cracked entry into the mobile environment and there is suggestive talk that Apple may design and use their own chips in a few years in their computers....

Intel appears to need to come up with new pieces. It's an industry where reinventing is a constant challenge and necessity. Mobile devices and computing are a bit of a game changer. It may be interesting to see what unfolds next.

IKan

Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63087 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/2/2012 6:35 PM
Tim once owned it, haven't for years, this sort of stupid thread is why this board is dying.

Lol... Ya the cold dreary recent weather days are getting to me also.

That's not the reason this board is dying, IMNSHO.

Actually I suspect there are many reasons, such as but limited to: very limited CDN. stock and other financial coverage....on the FOOL.

PS. I owned Nevada Geothermal a while back for a trade. Made a few bucks and then ran for the hills when it looked like dark clouds were approaching. Have not followed it for about a year+.

A little humour on this board with a doce of reality might liven things up a bit. Beauty as is humour is in the eye of the beholder (or in former holder of Nevada). Sometime the saying, "You had to be there" applies.

I have noticed that many FOOL boards now go for days and weeks without a single post. Could it be that people are disallusioned wkth investing in general after 2008/2009, or that they have bigger concerns like finding a job, or that simply people are migrating to other sights in hope of finding the key to more instant wealth?

I have also noticed that the FOOL boards do not work real well on mobile devices like my smartphone and tablet.

IKan

Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63088 of 63808
Subject: Re: XMAS and downhill sled ride Date: 12/2/2012 7:00 PM
I have also noticed that the FOOL boards do not work real well on mobile devices like my smartphone and tablet.

Specifically it can be very difficult to enter text and cut/copy/paste as the screen/cursor can jump all over at times which is very frustrating and time consuming if successful.

I mention this as more and more people access the internet on devices other than conventional desktop/laptop computers.

IKan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement