Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Yesterday, I had a recorder concert at a retirement home, it was fun and festive, all the folks in the audience were alert. They sang along with some of the songs and all went well. I only hit a few bad notes but it blended in with the others. I played the tenor and soprano recorders. Whew! It's nerve wracking, but it's getting easier to perform in front of others.

Went to the gym and had a nice workout.

Last night was visitation for the old fellow who died on Sunday. There were alot of folks there and I was exhausted when I got home.

This morning, after having a off/on sleep, I wrote out a eulogy for my old friend and practiced a few times and then I had to speed out the door. I did okay with the eulogy but I had several moments when I got emotional and had to calm myself before continuing on. Seemed like when I sat down, I thought of other things I could have said about the man but too late. Some folks said they appreciated hearing more about him and thanked me, his wife did too. I had never given an eulogy before until now. He was a very special man, very gifted, incredible patient and so even keeled. A good man.

We went to the cemetary then the house for a reception. I didn't get home until 4 and I was just wiped out.

I had called the vet early this morning to check on Sweetum's and got a good report and then after 4, one of the vet tech's called me with another report, she's doing well and I asked for details on how and what I need to take care of her hindparts. When I went to WalMart to get these supplies, the surgeon called and left a message concerning the pathology report.

I am happy to report that Ms. Sweetum's colon problem was ulcerative colitis and it had perforated it. Yikes! But no sign of CANCER!!!!!!!!! :):):):):)

He will consult with the other vet(internist) to see if any of her meds might be causing this irritation and whether it could reoccur. They presribed some other meds for her and also a powder to put on her hind parts to help keep it dry. He said she was acting like her old self and the tail was looking a lot better.

So, I'm thinking I'll bring her home sometime tomorrow. I want to get a workout in, pick up the powder from her regular vet, go to a meeting and then head up yonder to pick her up and bring her home.

I have some concerns about bringing her home but I'll just have to see how it all works out when I get her home.....the care of her bottom and the leakage problem(diarrhea). I'm afraid the other little dog will lay in it and well, just imagine brown all other the floor and on dog fur. Yeah, not pretty. And I'll be tending to her hiney too alot. Oh well, mommy hood is full of these delights. :)

I'm pooped and hope to sleep good tonight.

LuckyDog
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement