Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 199  
Subject: XP: swap honey for molassess Date: 11/8/2010 11:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a bread recipe I'd love to try, except it is made with lots of molasses which I hate the taste of. I'd like to swap at least half of it for honey, but wanted to see if I could swap 1 for 1 or if some adjustment should be made first.

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184 of 199
Subject: Re: XP: swap honey for molassess Date: 11/8/2010 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
It looks like you can, Andrea - You might want to check some of the comments in the below thread. I particularly liked the 2nd last one, by "Grainlady":

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/recipex/msg052125139...

Author: SRHCB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 185 of 199
Subject: Re: XP: swap honey for molassess Date: 11/8/2010 5:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
Be careful using honey at temps above 350. The crust tends to over-brown, ie: burn.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement