Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: xraymd Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121261  
Subject: Re: Shorted on my 401(k) - by 1 cent Date: 1/4/2008 11:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
xraymd, you can't be serious. Tell me you didn't really do in such a fashion.

Greetings, mrparrotfez, I could tell you that I didn't really do in such a fashion what I did do, but it would not be true. I was serious! But that's the point - where else could I take such a serious matter for investigation but to the Fool? Seriously, where else could I get such a true and thorough answer to a question that borders on the extreme of ridiculous but whose answer was really desired? I was completely prepared to put up with the eyerolls knowing that some kind soul(s) here (or maybe not so kind but at least factual) would be willing to answer my question in earnest, for I had asked it in earnest.

I've been on the Fool since 1999. I am not always quite so ridiculous and from time to time I may even have offered others sage advice. I know I have definitely benefitted financially from the superb advice I have received on several of the boards where I have been a regular participant. And I had never previously (pre-Internet) envisioned that there would be a place I could take my questions to (legitimate or otherwise) and end up with such fabulously INFORMED answers. I bless the Fool every day. And in my ridiculousness, if I was even a titch amusing, then that can't be bad.

I've been with the practice 5 years now. They all know I am persnickety and roll their eyes, too, but they appear to love me anyway and to put up with my foibles for the benefit of the hard work I do on their behalf. The CPA has recognized my seeming persnicketiness as paired with a solid factual knowledge of certain tax treatments that our CEO does not know, and for which I fully credit the Fool. He has told our CEO that if I ever wanted to leave medicine, I ought to consider accountancy, which I considered the highest of compliments for I have actually saved the practice money based on my recognition of tax treatment favorable to them. So they are willing to forgive my inquiries about a missing penny, lucky for me!

xraymd
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement