Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36679  
Subject: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 3:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This one seems to be looking better, chart-wise lately. Can one of the TA gurus hanging out here give me a read on it? Thinking about adding more LT. TIA
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8898 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 5:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
This one seems to be looking better, chart-wise lately. Can one of the TA gurus hanging out here give me a read on it? Thinking about adding more LT. TIA

I'm not a real chartster, but I think it looks pretty good. I don't know about LT cause I didn't really look at the fundamentals.

In the last month the OBV and money flow has increased quite a bit. There was a bit of a dip today, but not much.

For whatever it worth that's what I see. I'd buy it but I'd also put in a stop, even tho' it's long term

But what do I know!

Jean

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8899 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 5:22 PM
Thanks Jean. I'm already holding some long I bought at 1 5/8. So I'm OK unless they do pretty bad. What I'm thinking about is whether I should play some short-term here, based on it's current momentum or just add some long.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8900 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 5:28 PM
I should play some short-term here, based on it's current momentum or just add some long

I tend to not think of Long and Short too much any more. If it keeps going up and doesn't hit my stops...then it becomes LT. I'd set looser stops, maybe once it started going up to give it some bouncing room. I just don't know how much miliage they can get out of the Hitachi deal. I think they dropped today, cause they were outshined!

What do you do different with LT that you don't do with ST?

Jean

Author: stevieoh Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8903 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 6:31 PM

hhhmm, I'm no guru but, I'll take a shot at it. Its hard to see what this one will do, the pattern I see is a pennant...you are supposed to see which way it breaks for confirmation. I added some retracement lines (I usually try these on charts without obvious S/R) wich would put its first stop down (if it breaks that way) @ about 3.95...if it breaks to the upside, it may see about $5.

Hope you like it :-)

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/stevieoh2960/vwp?.dir=/Work&.dnm=XYBR+Daily+7-19.gif&.src=bc&.view=t&.hires=t

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8904 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 7:03 PM
Cripe, been trying to copy a chart into my briefcase and can't do it. What I did is have the lines along the top of the last three highs and the last three lows...basicly ignoring the big jump. Is it wrong to do that?

Wish I could get the picture...gonna work on it.

Jean

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8905 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 7:57 PM
I think I did it.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/5a95b442/bc/My+Documents/xybr.doc?bcqv8p7Anf0fgwOe

Well I hope that works. I guess we come to the same conclusions...just using different methods?

Jean

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8907 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 8:29 PM
What do you do different with LT that you don't do with ST?

Mostly I just put it away and don't look at it for 3 months at a time. If I'm watching it, I have trouble not trading it...

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8911 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 8:39 PM
Recommendations: 1
hhhmm, I'm no guru but, I'll take a shot at it. Its hard to see what this one will do, the pattern I see is a pennant...you are supposed to see which way it breaks for confirmation. I added some retracement lines (I usually try these on charts without obvious S/R) wich would put its first stop down (if it breaks that way) @ about 3.95...if it breaks to the upside, it may see about $5. <?I>

Steve, VERY COOL! I don't know the TA stuff yet and I got just about the same answer, just from watching the stock over time. It seems to be ready to make a run to 5 or more. If the Naz holds, it'll stay there and then make another move up later. If any of that is combined with news of a decent contract, it's headed to 7+ this year. Thanks so much for your time and effort, and maybe you'll also get to make some $ on it now that it's one you've looked at...

I'm gonna call it an "accumulate on dips" for now

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8913 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 8:42 PM
Jean, I tried the link and it didn't work for me. Can you see Steve's chart? Is it similar?

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8914 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 8:44 PM
I'm gonna call it an "accumulate on dips" for now

What ya calling a dip. I don't think it's going to be very dippy!

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8915 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 8:49 PM
I didn't make a triangle...just lines at the top and bottom of the higher highs and lower lows lately. I don't know why it won't work. I made it a .doc file and you have to scroll down a little. Puters I hate 'em! LOL

I used to ignore my LT but no more. Some of them dropped and it's going to take too long for them to come back...if they do!

Jean

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8919 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 9:03 PM
Jean this is what I get when I go to the link:
Forbidden
You must supply a local referer to get URL '/users/5a95b442/bc/My+Documents/xybr.doc?bcqv8p7Anf0fgwOe' from this server.
And that's all that on the screen.

I do agree with you about LT. Mine got crushed because I ignored it, but I have a problem with overtrading stuff, so I try really hard not to mess with my LT, which is now mostly funds.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8920 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 9:12 PM
try this one and click on xybr..

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jeanwa328/lst?&.dir=/My+Documents&.src=bc&.view=l&.last=1

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8921 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 9:23 PM
That worked perfect! Thanks for all your(extended) efforts

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8922 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/19/2001 9:30 PM
That worked perfect! Thanks for all your(extended) efforts

No extended effort...thanks for helping me see what works. I know it loads faster if it's a doc. I'll just have to remember to go to the list not directly to the picture....tho that should work.

Take care.

Jean

Author: Calabogie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9033 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/20/2001 12:47 PM
Recommendations: 34

Hey JH,

Not a TA guru but my take on it is that I'm seriously looking at it just above 4 for a move to 4.5 or above. I've been watching it but haven't bitten yet because I'm just not comfortable with what I'm seeing right now.

Author: spedblavio Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10181 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/30/2001 12:43 PM
Not looking so good now. This is not the way it acted the last 3 times it met up with it's 50day ema. But you never know.

Author: jh2b Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10183 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/30/2001 12:52 PM
You are right. This has turned out to be a most frustrating stock. My LT stuff was bought under 2.00, so I'm not whining, but I really expected it to do better. The news has been overall pretty good, but it just won't move. I suppose we could blame it on the general tech malaise, but that seems like a lame excuse. What they need is a decent contract and some "E" in their P/E

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10346 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/31/2001 4:29 PM
Not looking so good now. This is not the way it acted the last 3 times it met up with it's 50day ema. But you never know.

did it just take an extra day?

Jean

Author: spedblavio Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10347 of 36679
Subject: Re: XYBR Date: 7/31/2001 4:48 PM
did it just take an extra day?

or 2 or 3...

I guess it just wasn't in the mood to be predictable.
Sure looks better today, yes?
Closed a couple cents off it's high for the day, not bad. Volume picked up too.
So, what do I know?

Stay tuned for it's dance with the 200 day MA.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement