Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Yah, but the progress of decades leads to memory loss on causes of sickness, death and life expectancies. My Father in Law survived Typhus. The girl next door to us in 1956 wore a leg brace from the polio epidemic that had family and neighbors petrified, I recall that clearly even though I was only 5. I recall that "recycling" was throwing the used dishwash water onto the "slops' pile and people in cities were cautioned not to compost food because of the vermin (mostly rats) it attracted and the disease vectors they became. Now we are retesting that theory here in Portland and the rat population is increasing...its a mystery to city employees.... imagine that. And then there is the rural community that got the composting test facility and objected to the smell...imagine that.

The best of recycling comes from not "wasting" it in the first place. Refurbish, reuse, efficient manufacturing. My guess is those batteries will be more valuable refurbished and reused rather than "recycled". The Tesla batteries, essentially sealed laptop technology ganged together, may not be very friendly to this strategy. I read somewhere that Toyota and Ford's batteries WERE more friendly to this approach...any wisdom out there on that?

A good chunk of the "recycle" approaches have not been very well thought out in my view. Reuse approaches are generally very workable.

Charlie W
Curmudgeon and Skeptic
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement