UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: theHedgehog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10413  
Subject: Yahoo Financial Date: 8/27/2007 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've noticed lately that there are a few ETFs on finance.yahoo.com that are mischaracterized as companies. I suspect it's just a bit set wrong, but the net result is that you can't look at the ETF's holdings. And, since there is no way to get anyone's attention at yahoo, this is unlikely to improve. Is Yahoo overextended, or are they just losing interest?

Hedge
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBreakerRick Big red star, 1000 posts Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10400 of 10413
Subject: Re: Yahoo Financial Date: 9/5/2007 1:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Is Yahoo overextended, or are they just losing interest?

I don't know if it's either, necessarily. There has been an explosion in ETFs lately and I imagine that even the mighty Yahoo! Finance may be a little slow in catching up with all of them.

Thankfully, nearly every ETF fund family has its own website. There you will find the daily NAV, quarterly holdings, prospectus, etc.

Rick

Author: theHedgehog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10401 of 10413
Subject: Re: Yahoo Financial Date: 9/7/2007 3:05 PM
I don't know if it's either, necessarily. There has been an explosion in ETFs lately and I imagine that even the mighty Yahoo! Finance may be a little slow in catching up with all of them.

I've been trying to get ICF fixed lately. The first obstacle was just finding a way to contact yahoo. After that was overcome, the next was the response from yahoo: "I am unable to duplicate your complaint". Grrrr! Translated this means "I'm not an investor so I dunno squat, but the web page comes up, so it must be OK".

Hedge

Author: theHedgehog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10402 of 10413
Subject: Re: Yahoo Financial Date: 10/1/2007 5:50 PM
I was finally able to get Yahoo to fix ICF.  It was just a matter of going to the "Premium Services" page to find a place to file a complaint about invalid data.  After that, it was a matter of being persistent, as they first palmed me off on their supplier who said (you guessed it) "we don't supply that information to Yahoo".  :)

Hedge

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement