Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37169  
Subject: Yamana: SALE OF CERTAIN NON-CORE ASSETS Date: 6/9/2009 9:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.kitco.com/pr/1738/article_06092009195900.pdf

"NEWS RELEASE

YAMANA GOLD ENTERS INTO AGREEMENT FOR THE SALE OF CERTAIN NON-CORE
ASSETS

– Transaction Includes Sale of San Andrés, São Francisco and São Vicente Mines to Aura Minerals –

Toronto, Ontario, June 9, 2009 – YAMANA GOLD INC. (TSX: YRI; NYSE: AUY; LSE: YAU)
today announced that it has signed an agreement with Aura Minerals Inc. under which Aura would purchase three of Yamana’s non-core operating mines – the San Andrés Mine in Honduras and the São Francisco and São Vicente Mines each located in Brazil.

Aura will acquire the San Andrés Mine in Honduras and the São Francisco and São Vicente Mines in Brazil for an aggregate initial purchase price of approximately US$200 million, including approximately US$90 million in cash, US$70 million in deferred cash payments and S$40 million in Aura common shares. The transaction will close in two parts in order to accommodate jurisdiction-related regulatory requirements. The first part which relates to the sale of San Andrés is expected to close on July 23, 2009 at which time Yamana will receive total consideration of approximately US$74 million. The second part which relates to the sale of São Francisco and São Vicente is expected to close by year-end.

[...]"

Regards, Ken (Long AUY)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFSinchiruna One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21309 of 37169
Subject: Re: Yamana: SALE OF CERTAIN NON-CORE ASSETS Date: 6/24/2009 5:43 PM
Recommendations: 6
Here's my take on the Yamana asset sales.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/06/11/yamana-trim...

Fool on!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement