UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Collinsmeister Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 53  
Subject: Re: Another Day, Date: 3/2/2009 9:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yeah, an 18% drop in one day on no news, a drop, moreover, that was something like 3 to 4 times greater than most other stocks we're following. I think a guy on the Yahoo board made a good point. A long time investor in CSR has lost his shirt and can't figure out why the stock in plunging so much. Naturally, exhausting all the plausible causes, he started to serious wonder if it's a scam. Yet another poster pointed out that the Chinese government wouldn't enlist a scam company to install the security systems in its major cities. (I also thought since capital punishment is meted out for those who break certain rules in China, one would have to be aweful gutsy to try to scam the Chinese government and have the whole company be a front of sorts.) But since most of us don't have clue as to why the share price is falling so fast, that uncertainty in itself is apt to have more people hitting the sell button.

Indeed, I'm wondering about selling on the news with the hope of making back 15-20%. As it is, I'm down 42% in a very short time. And since the wave of economic destruction is moving eastward, and since even Warren Buffet has written off 2009 and characterized the markets as being in "shambles", I don't really see CSR being able to gain much of any tailwinds in this environment once the hurrah of earnings has past--assuming they are good! Will it go the way of CHLN, that is, all the way down to $1.19? I had held for nearly two years a great little company, SNEN, and decided to sell at a 75% loss. I sold at $1.65 and within two to three weeks it was at a $.81. It then had a great earnings with something like 80% growth for the Q4, rose right after earnings on 2/26 to $1.20, and now is back to $1.03 and falling some 5 days later. I don't know. I want to be mentally ready to act, though.
Too bad there isn't a real board for this stock.

Man, bumber about ISRG. I remember a guy a few month's back complaining about the RB service in general. One of the things he said is that whenever there is a big crash in the markets, rarely does one see the big winners going into the crash emerging on the other side as the big winners again. I'd never heard of that, or thought of it. As it is now, though, it seems like ISRG wings have really been clipped and will be in limbo for some time. So it seems, at least at the moment, that that guy's statement is playing itself out. Yet BIDU is starting to rebound well. We'll see. I thought it was interesting with all the selling off today, that really expensive stock, CRM, more or less helds its own. Nice.

Steve
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement