Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Yeah, I used to play "tag-team" chess back when I played in team tournaments. We called it "bunkhouse". We would sometimes have 4 or 5 boards going. We didn't play it in the actual tournament, we would just play between matches to help think about the game in different ways and to keep our minds off the next match.

I played in individual and team tournaments for about 4 or 5 years in middle school and high school. I won 2nd place in the state when I was in middle school, and my team one first that same year. I won and placed in a few other city and regional tournaments. Unfortunately, I quit playing in tournaments because I thought chess was for geeks. While this is true, I now know that being a sort of geeky isn't all bad.

Anyway, I don't play much these days except with my girlfriend and a professor at school. (I'm a 25 year old PhD student.) I never got into the online chess thing because I think half of the game is sitting there in front of a person trying to intimidate them, etc... To see the look of desperation when when you pull something out of your sleeve. Chess can be more brutal than any war. Chess is war.

--marxtacy---
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement