Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (326) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195815  
Subject: Re: Florida Controversy Date: 11/14/2000 2:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Yeah, isn't Bush allowing mentally retarded inmates to be excuted? Who knows what else he's capable of. Thanks for bringing that up.

Then I guess we should remember an inmate in AR during Clinton's governorship who was so profoundly retarded that even though he was going to be executed, he told his guards to save part of his last meal and he would eat it later.

I can't speak for Fran, but it pains me when anybody is in favor of the death penalty. It especially pains me when those in power favor it.

I didn't know Clinton was pro-death penalty. It doesn't surprise me; I just didn't know it. Gore is also pro-death penalty.

I have never understood why those who are against abortion are so often in favor of the death penalty. Both are life. If you kill a criminal, the criminal often has no chance to repent. In that case, that criminal is condemned to a fate worse than death.

Also, imprisonment for life without possibility for parole seems to me to be a worse punishment than death. More expensive and more difficult for society, sure. But we shouldn't make these decisions based on what is cheap and easy.

phantomdiver
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (326) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement