No. of Recommendations: 1
Yeah, the 4065 is very different from the 1522. For one thing you went from 5.1 to 9.2 channels. A huge jump there (you didn't indicate if you're using them all). You're also getting a lot more watts per channel than the 4065. Though THD is only .01 better (.08 vs .09). Can't comment on the GUI, but Yamaha has been dinged for that in the past. I would not be surprised if the Pioneer's was nicer.

A more comparable unit to your Pioneer would be the RX-A3010. It also has 9 channels, and up to 4 zones. THD of .06 (extremely good), pushes roughly the same power as the 1522. The A3010 appears to be an outstanding unit, in fact. Suggested retail of your unit is $1599. For that I would pay the extra $400 and get the Yamaha (list $1999).

But at 1/3 the price you got a screamin' deal. Bang-for-the-buck it would be very hard to beat! Very hard, indeed. At $599, you couldn't ask for more! And you have the Costco return policy to boot!

I think you did well. Hope you enjoy it. What sort of speakers are you running?

1poorguy (knows the next thing usually is "with this better receiver I really need better speakers to show it off!!")
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement