Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 56  
Subject: yep, it's over... Date: 10/24/2004 10:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I knew last years success was simply a function of the schedule, a new coach, and "smoke and mirrors". But I am torn over the QB situation...Throwing a rookie in who has been out of the sport for a few years just is not the best way I think to find out what he is capable of, particularly with this supporting cast. On the other hand, this up-coming draft looks to give da'boys a couple of high picks which could be used on a QB, depending on what Henson's potential is to develop. And oh my, what happened to our shut-down corner Newman? YIKES!! was it a bad game or is he not that good??

either way it is time to look toward the future and for Parcells to stop re-hashing the older players from his past...

LD
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MFCatbert Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22 of 56
Subject: Re: yep, it's over... Date: 12/1/2004 11:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
LD

I have to disagree that it is over. Have faith in Bill Parcells. He is very similar to Jimmy Johnson in that he is extraordinarily gifted at recognizing talent. We are one game back in the Wild Card race. With Julius Jones running well, our team is significantly different. It is a whole lot easier to throw when they have to respect the run. I haven't seen a running back make the corner in Dallas in 7 years. It is a whole lot different on defense when you can play with a lead. It should be interesting.

Author: Lubbockdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 56
Subject: Re: yep, it's over... Date: 12/3/2004 8:53 AM
I'll agree that Jones is a very bright spot for the team right now and should be for many years to come. And yes Bill is good at evaluating talent, and I am very suprised to see that we are only a game back in the wild card race...but the way we have been playing is just HARD to watch. I just don't see it going very far even if we make the playoffs. I know there was more of an air of excitement when Henson was in there and I don't completely understand why he was pulled. But it did result in a win and I do understand the desire to win, so maybe Mr. Parcells knows what he is doing.

Maybe now that my deer season is over I will be able to sit and watch an entire game--have not seen a whole game all year.

You are right, it should be interesting

dave

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement