No. of Recommendations: 1
Yes, Adenovir, you are correct. You may keep your Roth IRA in those years when your income does not allow you to contribute or make IRA convesions. You simply can't add funds to it. That means that you probably should have a separate conventional IRA account for those years contributions. If the amount is initially small, those Vanguard fees are not very large, but if you wanted to avoid them, keeping the account somewhere with lower fees and then moving it would be one approach.

Best of luck to you.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.