No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, contribute to the IRA even though you can't deduct it. Then, if you wish, invest/save via a taxable account. IMHO, it is best to have a little in each of the various tax advantage/taxable accounts. With the constantly changing tax laws, it won't give you the best tax outcome, but it won't give you the worst either. And you have the flexability of where you want to with drawl from in the future.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.