No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, it should be easy to do. There are no tax penalties. How long it will take depends on how cooperative your bank is.

I think you should tell your bank to put the CD money into an IRA Savings or IRA Money Market account. That will make it easier to transfer.

Your bank may charge you an "IRA Closing Fee".

Contact your desired new custodian and ask them for the forms to transfer the account from the old custodian.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.