Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, one has to be consisten and the medical bills are deductable in the year they are paid. So even though your medical expense was incured in 2001, if you don't pay it until 2002, you have to wait until 2002 taxes to deduct it. I get caught by this every year, that is how I know.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.