Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BigMouse Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12  
Subject: Yes Poor Fool? Date: 8/8/1998 11:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does YPF stand for Yes Poor Fool? I bought YPF recently on the advice of my broker, being foolish (not Foolish) by not checking it out first. I am wondering if this is a good investment? Judging from the comments posted here, it seems that it may be in the long run. I got in at 25. Any thoughts or info would be very much appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Flavio One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 12
Subject: Re: Yes Poor Fool? Date: 8/31/1998 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would not worry, if I were you. And I think you were well advised by your broker.

You got a great stock at a very good price. It is suffering now from widespread panic on anything which is related to emerging markets.

YPF is a company very well managed, profitable even at these rock bottom oil prices. Not least, Argentina is currently one of the best managed countries in the emerging markets, and I would dare to say in the world.

With no danger of any sort of devaluation (they would happily revert to a monetary union with the U.S. in case of need), fiscal balance, strong financial sector and a foreign debt at 30% of GDP, I see it as one of the few safe places left.

Hold on & cheer up! You will see you stock back at 32 pretty soon!

Author: adeaboitiz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 12
Subject: Re: Yes Poor Fool? Date: 10/15/1998 9:46 PM
I think it is undervalued at $25 and that, in the long term, you should do well.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement