Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
Yes this is exactly how this starts.

I wondered a few things from my own history with this sort of thing:

1) who is paying for the seminars? It is MAKO right? Did you see this anywhere? I guess they are at least contributing, the docs won't pony up that much I would not guess. That means the mailings and things too.

2) Anyone know what CPT code they use for this? This is an elderly population and I have never thought to ask if Medicaire covers these procedures. I have seen multiple endoluminal (through an endoscope) GERD device fail because they can't get a code and it doesn't get paid for. The last few have suggested to use the surgical code, and call it "endoluminal surgery" to justify, which is not quite on the stablest of ground, given it is really a whole different procedure and not the same. The last thing I want is Medicaire snooping around looking for fraud. I don't have a CPT book in my office anymore, that would be a good thing to look up. There must be a code, or this probably would have come up before.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.