No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, to both questions. Yes, in spite of your income, you and your wife may each open traditional IRA accounts and each of you may contribute $2K to his or her own account in 1999, and again in 2000 and every year thereafter--as long as you have earned income. The contributions will not be tax deductible, but the earnings on the accounts will be tax deferred--no taxes until withdrawn from the account according to the rules--usually at age 59-1/2.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.