No. of Recommendations: 1
Yes, Toby does look a lot like the dog in the photo.

He is 23 pounds and is sitting on my lap as I type this. I am going to have to get him to move as my leg is quickly falling asleep.

Toby actually was on tv when he was a pup. My wife saw him on Good Day New York on Channel 5 with Greg Kelly and Rosanna Scotto in November 2010. He was one of several dogs that the person in charge of the Unleashed program brought with her to highlight her organization. He stole the show. We actually tried to adopt Tobys sister but that fell through. The family that orginally adopted Toby changed their mind a few days later. It was never said, but methinks it was because of them having a 2 year old child who may have been nipped a few times by the 8 week old puppy. Nipping is not at all unusual as I found out in the next few months and in our puppy school classes. Anyway, the woman in charge of the program offered Toby to us and when we saw him we said yes.

Training and patience are key components to getting things to work out. Luck is an issue too. As with many things in this life if you want it to work out everyone involved has to be invested in the process.

There was a video of Toby'a appearance which I had long saved on my browser. I was going to post it for you here, but it seems to have been recently purged. Stupidly, I saved the page where the video was rather than the actual video. When I now type in unleashed on their web page the video is gone but the picture they have shows Toby being held by Greg Kelly. BTW, Kelly is the son of NYPD police commisioner Ray Kelly. He now does the 10 O'Clock news. Rosanna has long been a staple of the same network and her family owns a well known restaurant in the city.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/17448955/unleashed

If there is any way to find the orignal video, I am at a loss as to how to find it. Tboy is about 4-5 pounds in the photo. We were originally told he would be around 10-12 pounds, but the first vet we took him to said he would be over 20 pounds.

BG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement