No. of Recommendations: 1
Yes while a member is on active duty they have a home of record. This does not have to be where they grew up and for some people it may be better to "move". I went in from Massachusetts, adn that was where I paid my state tax for 4 years. Then I moved to Vermont where the rules are a little different. There unless you are stationed in the state you only have to file, but pay no tax. I had a Vt drivers license and it was valid until I retired, that was 16 years. It was also the state I was regestered to vote in. I did not feel very well informed on the local issues, but I did vote each time the time came up.

The military member also has access to the house members and senators from their home state when it is needed.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.