No. of Recommendations: 0
yes yes ,but

If your 401k is managed by a normal mutual fund company (Vanguard, Fidelity, etc) then you can just call them up and they will be glad to roll the money from the 401K to a new IRA with them and leave the money invested in exactly the same investments they are invested in now.

this was a little confusion since OP already has IRA

but raises the 'thought' -- if OP is risk averse and the IRA is at 'expensive' borkerage, might me wise to move the IRA (to a Vanguard or whatever), then roll the 401k into IRA ?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.