Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, you may refile as a joint return as long as you do so within 3 years the date separate returns were filed as long as the
total tax shown on the joint return (if any is due) is paid at or before the filing of the joint return.

thanks for your answer. What I failed to say is that I have not sent my tax forms yet. Do I still get to refile, even if I get more money back?

thanks again.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.