UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744480  
Subject: Yesterday and today Date: 10/7/2012 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Yesterday, I went with my neighbor to Petsmart to look for a little dog and dang if we didn't see one after walking up to the area where the rescue group had the dogs. A little Jack Russell, about a yr, female, a little whippersnapper. My old neighbor had just put her dog to sleep a few wks back and asked for my help. This little dog is adorable, nice white teeth, I think it's a purebred, not that that means much but it's a short legged, rough coat Jack. If I didn't have two doggies, that dog would have been mine.

She filled out papers, the rescue lady talked to me and my neighbor and a friend of the neighbor came by to see the dog and she asked me if I had any doubts about my neighbor being able to handle the dog and I told them both that I was wondering about her use of the cane but that she had experience with Jack's and with obedience training and she is going to take the dog to obed. training and so, that will be a big plus for both she and the dog.

I'm surprised the little one was allowed to come home but our obed. backgrounds and my vouching she had a fence and had trained dogs before may have helped them in deciding she was a safe choice.

We were both beaming coming home. The dog is so cute and my neighbor and her companion<helps her in the home> will have their hands full getting to know this little one. She's a little smaller than my Jack.
My neighbor said she slept through the night and I told her she'll probably do that for the next couple of days, just exhausted from all the moving around. The pound found her and the rescue group got her on Oct. 1 and had her spayed and vaccinated.

I took my little ones to a Blessing of the Animals today at a Catholic Church...kind of different and very brief compared to a few others I'd been to. They did have water sprinkled over their heads though. :) My wish if for the chemo dog to continue to do well and for her to start moving around a little easier....her joints have been aching ever since she jumped off the dang bed the day before we went for a pet therapy visit.

After the blessing, I went by Costco to pick up photos and drop off ink cartridges and of course, pick up a few food items. Gawd almighty, carts everywhere in the aisles while the owners nosh on the free food....that gets on my last nerve. It was a madhouse in there because coupon book ends today, so last minute shoppers come out and it was a rainy day so they bring the whole dang family!

Other than that, I've been doing a little bookkeeping work for a couple of 12 step groups I'm the treasury of and trying to do an expense accounting of my own. I better get back to work while I can....it's getting dark. Ack!

LuckyDog
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement