UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 737077  
Subject: Yet another Chicago death..... Date: 5/8/2013 7:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
A suburban teacher and avid Cubs fan has died following a choking accident while at the game on Sunday at Wrigley Field.

Maureen Oleskiewicz was with her brother when she began choking on a hot dog and collapsed.

The 28-year-old teacher at Independence Junior High in Palos Heights was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital. She was kept alive until Tuesday so that doctors could harvest her organs for donation, family members told the Chicago Sun-Times.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/woman-dies-after-choc...

Didn't anyone know the Heimlich Maneuver ? To help a choking person? No one?

Death by hot dog...

Art will say it was just another case of duality and separation..... well, the hot dog should have been separted from her by a Heimlich Maneuver...

Sad...

Don't gulp your hotdogs...

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 681315 of 737077
Subject: Re: Yet another Chicago death..... Date: 5/8/2013 10:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Art will say it was just another case of duality and separation..... well, the hot dog should have been separated from her by a Heimlich Maneuver..." - tele
-------------------

Tele I have read literally thousands of Near death experiences and death bed visions. What I have learned from that is that there are thousands of ways to die.

Something is going to get us one day. I'm almost 100% certain of that. When it happens we'll find out if I was right or wrong. If you are right I suppose we won't find out anything. If Catherine is right you and I will end up in Hell.

If I am right..... we'll all be together on the other side. In or on that great holographic film in another dimension.

Art

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 681358 of 737077
Subject: Re: Yet another Chicago death..... Date: 5/9/2013 3:22 PM
Recommendations: 3
What I have learned from that is that there are thousands of ways to die.

There is a TV show by that name.

http://www.spike.com/shows/1000-ways-to-die

The funniest episode was a father was trying to scare off a potential son-in-law. So he took him to a traditional Korean restaurant (both being Korean but the future SIL was too Americanized). So dad orders a dish with live octopus. Kid turns up his nose. Dad shows how macho he is and starts to swallow the octopus. Octopus puts up a fight while going down and suction cupped the tracheal opening and in effect suffocated the guy. Funny.

Not so funny is no one being able to Heimlech out the hot dog at the ball park. Heck, I see stories all the time of kids doing it.

JLC

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 681359 of 737077
Subject: Re: Yet another Chicago death..... Date: 5/9/2013 3:36 PM
Recommendations: 0
Not so funny is no one being able to Heimlech out the hot dog at the ball park. Heck, I see stories all the time of kids doing it.

You can do it yourself if you have a chair back or something like that handy (and you're conscious)... just flop over it and thrust down so it forces air up. Plenty of chair backs at the ball park (unless you're in the bleachers, I suppose).

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement