No. of Recommendations: 0
In 1998 will I be able to do both:
1. Roll over my traditional IRA into a Roth IRA and
2. Make an additional $2000 contribution for 1998?

I.e., the rollover won't count as that year's contribution, will it?

Sounds like a dumb question even to me, but sth I read on another board seemed to suggest that the rollover would represent a year's contribution.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.