UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: inxs Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 169  
Subject: Yield and Safty Date: 9/13/1999 4:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can anyone suggest the best investmets for me to consider for that portion of my portfolio that I want to keep liqued but garner a higher return than what I can get out of Money Market or Treasury funds?

I've looked at Reits and Corp bonds, but still have not found the answer.

Regards
Print the post Back To Top
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 169
Subject: Re: Yield and Safty Date: 9/13/1999 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
inxs asks,

Can anyone suggest the best investments for me to consider for that portion of my portfolio that I want to keep liqued but garner a higher return than what I can get out of Money Market or Treasury Funds

I've been using 2 to 5 year CDs. Go to the www.bankrate.com for the highest yileding FDIC-insured CDs in the nation. A 5-year CD currently yields about 6.90%.

intercst

Author: lewisltd One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110 of 169
Subject: Re: Yield and Safty Date: 5/22/2000 4:38 PM
How liquid do you need? A bunch of the Nuveen Exchange Traded Funds are yielding in excess of 7% & these are tax free Muni's. Some symbols are NMO,NMA,NQU,NXQ. Also, they all pay mnothly dividends!! I personally own NUV,NXR, & NMA. These can be bought thru your online discount broker for the regular [Scottrade->$7.00] fee, just like a stock. How about Armstrong World Industries [ACK]? About 10% yield, plus chance of stock appreciation.

If you can find a copy of Forbes 4/14/200 issue, they list the top 500 comapnies & what the yields on their stocks are.

I've been retired about 2.5 yrs[from the chemical industry] & love the muni tax free income. These will keep you in a low tax bracket.

Just my opinions.

BL

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement