Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSpirit Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12  
Subject: YNR going to S & P 500 Date: 12/30/1999 11:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good morning,

Standard and Poor announced this morning that Young & Rubicam, a marketing and communications company will be added to the S&P 500 replacing General Instrument (GIC) effective January 5th. GIC was bought by Motorola.

Congratulations.

Click on the news link above to read the full press release.

Keep Foolish and Prosper,

Spirit

PS: If any of you are new to the message boards, welcome to The Motley Fool...If you need, help try going to our Fool school at: http://www.Fool.com/school.htm and read the 13 steps to Investing, Investing Basics, How to get out of Debt, How to buy a House or Car and much more.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauld1223 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 12
Subject: Re: YNR going to S & P 500 Date: 12/30/1999 2:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
As a new investor could you tell me yo this will effect YNR's price. I saw it gapped up this AM and asume all S&P index 500 funds will have to purchase it. Thanks

Author: babybull Big red star, 1000 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 12
Subject: Re: YNR going to S & P 500 Date: 1/1/2000 9:03 AM
Hey Paul,

I've just opened a board to discuss this very topic.

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?id=1380602000000000

Taylor

Author: pauld1223 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 12
Subject: Re: YNR going to S & P 500 Date: 1/1/2000 11:08 AM
Taylor;

Good message board full of factual info not speculation. I purchased YNR at 71. As always the lowley masses don't get access to the market on the news. It looks highly speculative at this point. I watched it yesterday as it dipped below $69 and come back up to almost my purchase point. It all depends on the volume and nerve of the masses. Thanks for your response.

Paul

Author: goofyinMD Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 12
Subject: Re: YNR going to S & P 500 Date: 1/4/2000 12:48 PM
Unless you're getting messages from above everything is speculative short term. YNR is going to have a ton of cash flow from election campaign spending.

Author: McFlack Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 12
Subject: Re: YNR going to S & P 500 Date: 2/8/2000 4:41 PM
YNR does not take political advertising, so forget the cash flow boost theory. Big clients are KFC, Ford, other blue chips.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement