Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You actually answered the " break even " question in your reply. As I understand it if I lose $2500 on stock A which has been held for one year and one day, I can claim the $2500 loss on my year 2000 tax return and break even on the investment, minus commission fees. I will read the FAQ to get a better understanding, but thanks for the quick response! EDNMKN

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.