Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
You, apparently, believe this god to have a gender.

No, actually. I think God is more of an "it" than a he or a she. I think of God as more like "The Force" in Star Wars. But that's me; I get sort of New Age-ish at times.

Since we can't see this god it's important to know exactly how you know this - and what that gender means. Unlike a ship, which we already know doesn't have gender, gender in a god would be important.

I'm flattered to learn that my beliefs are so important to you. But I don't think the notion of gender even exists with God.

If "he" can do anything, then making a square circle shouldn't be very difficult.

It's a nonsensical question, because "square" and and "circle" are mutually exclusive shapes. I have no idea if God even thinks of shapes. Geometry, like the other branches of mathematics, are human ways of measuring and describing things. I don't know if God does math at all. So no, as we define the terms, God could not do that.

Or, we could go back to the other - and I think better - question: Can your god make a stone so big that even "he" cannot lift it?

Well, there's no answer to that one. I tend to think that God could summon all the energy he needed to move anything. But I suppose he'd run out of matter in the universe at some point. So I'll say no. But that's my opinion.

Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement