UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Enilkrennad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3157  
Subject: Re: Is Life Meaningless? Date: 2/23/2001 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
You are catching on now. It's cool, isn't it?

Cool wasn't exactly what i had in mind.

There is nothing to believe in. Everything is exactly as it appears, and nothing is as it appears.

My point is that nothing you have (likely) ever encountered in your life would lead you to believe such a thing. There is no basis for your (non)belief. You've simply made it up, pulled it out of your @$$ for no good reason. There is nothing in our world that indicates your (non)belief is the appropriate way to (not)believe. Everything in the human experience indicates to the vast majority of the human population that some things ARE knowable. That we CAN understand some things through experience and exerimentation. Your odd faith in total meaninglessness is unsupported by human history. People love, hate, and die for other people. We've (almost) all found meaning, whether in other people or ultimately in a diety. You're denying the value of common human wisdom and knowledge accumulated over millenia. What prompted you to do so?

I pretend to be a human who needs to eat and goes to the job and loves his wife and kid.

Do you really have a wife and kid? If so, how sad that you find no meaning in them. My sincerest sympathy to them, i hope you one day learn to love, believing fully that "love" truly exists and IS what we all believe it to be.

I am curious. In your last post you stated you have a belief in “real, definable God”. Can you give me a definition of such a God? Once you apply a definition, don't you limit God thereby making it less than God?

I must clarify. I meant "real" and "definable" in the sense that He has revealed Himself in a small, limited way to me personally. I can define His reality to me, but i cannot apply a definition that encompasses all of who He is, because you are right, to do so would limit Him and make Him less than God. The God i believe in created the universe, all time and all space, thus He exists independently of our world. He is completely limitless.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Heads Up, Real Estate Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement