Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (159) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: HuffyLilPoon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35757  
Subject: Re: Another reason not to have kids Date: 9/14/2004 10:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 86
You are so exactly right HLP. That's why I prefaced my first post.

And yet you continue obliviously on, like you're the first person to have the idea about coming here and preaching to us to have kids. Or like you should be applauded for doing so.

I expect that if we would just stop all this reproduction nonsense and quit having human babies in about 100 years or so we would all realize that not having kids was in fact the most beneficial way to go as a species. Oh wait, we'd be near extinct.

Get over yourself. The fact that a segment of society chooses a different path than yours does not mean that the human race will go extinct. We're OVERpopulated as it is.

I'm just saying that "Choosing NOT to have Kids" does not give you a free ride.

We pay the taxes that support the schools your kids go to. We pay higher insurance rates to deal with the demands that your and other families place on the system. We work later so that you can attend Junior's soccer game or school play. We pay the taxes that support your kids' college loans. And you have the audacity to tell me that I'm the one getting a free ride? Perhaps you should take a look at who's giving the free ride here before you bite the hands that school and in some cases, help feed the kids of this nation.

You are still responsible for society as a whole. Maybe you are best suited to help abused children, maybe abused animals, maybe young adults, maybe curing cancer, maybe curing aids. I don't know. But you should still help out. Giving back is the key.

Your presumptuousness in assuming that I need you to tell me how to give back to society is staggering. You don't know me or any of us here, so to assume that we need or want your preaching to us about the chiiiildren is stunningly arrogant. We don't want kids. We don't want to deal with kids. Get that through your thick skull.

Our society needs help.

I'm beginning to think that you need the help.

HLP
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (159) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement