Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You asked --- hope someone has the patience to answer this question. if in college in 2000 I was single and in college with no income and in 2001 still in college but married in aug am I entitled to a rebate under my wifes income for that year. I received no rebate because I had no income. If I am entitled to rebate how do I ask for it on this years return. thanks in advance. ---

My wife and I are in the same boat. I'm the one with income, she's in medical school. Back in January I asked that same question on this board and the answer was a resounding yes! We are MFJ and since the rebate is for earnings for 2001 and she is included on the married filing jointly return, the two of us should receive a total of $600 from the rebate. Since I had received my $300 from filing single in 2000, my wife and I get the other $300 when we file this year. Hope that helps. If not, look back through the boards and find the string of messages related to my question earlier.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.