No. of Recommendations: 0
You can ask your employer to add a 401(k) option onto the existing PS plan. Then you can contribute Pre-Tax to this part of the Plan.

If the employer agrees to a matching contribution of just 3-4% of you pay, then the IRS will call it a "Safe-Harbor" 401(k) Plan and the boss can contribute a large percentage regardless of how little the "Nonhighly compensated" employees contribute.

Good luck!
Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.