Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
You can retire there.

You will have to pay US taxes, unless you decide to become a citizen of that country.

You will need to return to the US every so many years to retain your citizenship....

and of course, you have to comply with the rules of the country you are in.....

You will have no medicare insurance there......and if you return to the US, you won't have it unless you sign up for it day one.....signing up for it after 65 is extremely punative......

There is lots on the web about residing in other countries for retirement.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.