No. of Recommendations: 0
You can transfer shares of stock in a Roth conversion.

Only if the current Sharebuilder account is an IRA account. If the Sharebuilder account is a taxable account (which I assumed was the case, since the OP did not say "I have a Sharebuilder IRA"), it is not eligible for conversion to a Roth IRA.

Yeah, I know. I should have said the only way to transfer shares of stock to a Roth IRA is through a Roth conversion from a traditional IRA. I did quote text from IRS Publication 590 that would apply if that was the case.

Ratio ~
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.